Himachal Pradesh is India’s adventure playground, thaks to the snowy peaks and plunging river valleys. You can start trekking the slopes and end up climbing the peaks. Rafting, paragliding and skiing are amazing here. This is a dream destination to explore on foot or on wheels whatever be your mode of movement. Every season brings its own flavor while the varied culture from devout Hindu pilgrimage to the rochness of Buddhist cultures century old will leave you spellbound. No doubt we head to Himachal so often.
Top 5 things to do in Himachal
Trek Pin-Parvati Pass
The Articles on our trips to Himachal Pradesh
A beautiful alpine lake with views of Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal. The hike in winter amidst snow makes it a great weekend destination from Delhi.
An old time favourite for hippies with well marked trail and campsites/teahouses, Kheerganga is an easy weekend trek. Beautiful jungle and waterfall Enroute makes the trek delightful.
A short trek through villages on the slopes of Dhauladhar to Kareri Lake with spectacular views. Kareri Trek does not have any demanding days.
Best Road Trips in Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Tribal Circuit – Shimla – Nako – Kaza – Manali [Awesome views, Difficult roads, Buddhist culture, High Altitude]
- Kinnaur Circuit – Chitkul & Kalpa [Beautiful Valley, Apple Orchards, Fall colors in October, Flowers in April]
- Dhauladhar Circuit – Dharamshala – Mcleodganj – Palampur – Mandi [Easy drives, Tea Gardens, Temples, All Weather]
- Around Manali – Manali – Kasol – Rohtang
- Around Shimla – Shimla – Narkanda
Best Hikes in Himachal Pradesh
- Pin Parvati Pass Trek – Difficult
- Bara Bhangal Trek – Difficult
- Hampta Pass – Chandratal – Baralacha La – Difficult
- Prashar Lake – Easy
- Kareri Lake – Easy
- Kheerganga – Easy
Weather Forecast of Himachal Before Travel – Check Here